Thursday, August 1, 2013


Good Morning Americans!

I have spent yet another week here in Paradise!




Let's see, where do I start off? Thanks so much for all the prayers and words of encouragement! I know that I could not do this without the support of you guys and God! I love hearing everything you guys are up to! So exciting to hear all the happy stuff going on!

This week I came to the conclusion that God is an awesome guy! I've been praying so much for all of you to be safe and happy and I can tell He´s got you covered.(: I also have found out how much He loves each and every one of us! He doesn't care if we make mistakes because we're all humans! He has answered so many of our prayers and blessings here in Mexico!

One of the guys in our District was very sick, because there has been a bug going around. I got to participate in his blessing and he was healed the next day! Amazing power that the priesthood (socerdocio) can bring to us! We got to watch a devotional from Elder Holland of the Twelve Apostles, and he blessed some of the buildings in the Provo MTC, and I know they have done the same to all the buildings here in the CCM. The blessing he offered was so in depth and detailed! It blew my mind! He blessed that the wallls would have Angels bordering them and that there would never be any acts of evil or violence within the walls. It's amazing! He's such a powerful man! I know I'm safe here even though I can hear everything going on outside of these walls! Mexico City is one crazy place! Can someone like google something about a canon going off many times a day in Mexico City and let me know what it means? Someone said that it's when someone dies! But who knows, you can tell a difference between gun shots and the canon! All night long there are wild dogs, and sirens, and canons going off!

Dad, I hope you're still working on bulding that awesome building in the back yard! I wouldn't mind living there for a couple months when I get back (:

The weird Mexican food is kinda getting old! Not only is it Mexican food, so everything is spicy, but its also cafeteria style food! Every morning we have dry pancakes! They have no syrup! All they have is honey, and chocolate and strawberry ice cream syrup! It's pretty great... Everyone is always very happy to serve us and meals are an enjoyable time of the day so oh well. (:

If anyone wants to send packages, the best way to do it is through a service called DHL. They do International shipping and it just seems to work a little better.  That's what the Mission President said! But I'm out of here in like three and a half weeks, so I don't know if it'll make it! I just got everyones "Dear Elders" from the 16th and 17th yesterday! So if you're going to do letters go ahead and send them to Chile (:

When I get down there I'm going to buy some more T-shirts, ties, and some Vans tennis shoes! I feel like a complete weirdo wearing running shoes and jeans on Prep-day! It's probably cheaper for me to buy stuff down there, so I probably won't ever ask for anything. I'm not sure! Hopefully they have Reeses Peanut Butter Cups or else I might ask for some of those..(:

I got to try some horchata the other day. Amy said it was something to try while I was here in Mexico! It was really weird.. But the locals seems to love it. So be it. (:

Every day we play soccer on this sweet field thing! It's just like a basketball court so it's on pavement, but it has metal soccer goals and a fence all the way around it, so its just like playing indoor soccer! It's so fun and such a good workout, but shoot I need to stop hurting myself! It's the only time of the day we can run around, so I run around like crazy smashing into people and tripping on the pavement! And not to mention all the bruises from not have shin guards! Like a fourth of my right foot was purple this week from kicking some other dude in the shin has hard as I could on accident! But hey, it's fun! (: I also got to play with some latinos the other day! They were really good!




As far as Spanish goes, I have a two-hour Spanish class in the morning, followed by an hour of study, then I have an hour of this cool Spanish computer program. Then I have another two-hour Spanish class at night, followed by an hour of personal study, followed by an hour of district language (Idioma) Study! So on average about eight hours of Spanish a day! It's great and I'm learning so much more than I did in High School in two weeks rather than two semesters and it's so exhausting! 

And that mixed with about three or four hours of reading the Book of Mormon, makes me fall asleep in thirty seconds every night! I'm currently in Alma! I've read some really funny things! When Zeniff and his people leave Zarahemla they go into the woods, and for some stupid reason they all star fighting each other and kill like half of each other. The guys that stayed alive went back to Zarahemla and told their wives and children that they killed their husbands. How stupid?! Just goes to show that people that don't have the Spirit in their lives have no direction! Also in the beginning of Alma, Alma the Younger just goes and fights off the whole side of this river bank and then takes all the dead bodies and throws them in the river and then Alma's army goes across a dead body bridge and kills everyone on the other side of the river, then Alma goes back home and baptizes a couple thousand people?! Like holy cow! 

Every day in our District meetings, the whole class always gets involved in these really deep discussions all about Heaven, or Joseph Smith's body guard, Porter Rockwell! Dad, one of the Elders in my district is just like me and you! His Dad loves church history and knows everything about it, and they have been to every church history site, so him being just like me picked up random facts about Joseph Smith or cool stories and we bounce off of each other telling all the amazing stories of his life and other cool things! It's awesome!

One of the Seventy's came and gave us a Devotional and he along with my Mission President grew up in the Mormon Colonies here in Mexico! I didn't get the chance to ask if they knew all the Bowmans or not, but I'm sure they do! I'll ask President one of these days. (:

I was about to give a lesson to an investigator we were teaching, and she asked me why I had dirt on my knees, it was cool to explain to her (in Spanish) why we should pray on our knees as much as possible to show respect to our Heavenly Father and to humble ourselves before him! We then taught her how to pray and proceeded to do so on our knees! What a powerful experience (even though the investigator is fake) to share with her because she noticed dirt on my knees!

I promise anyone that wants to read the Book of Mormon that you can do so.  If you want to find out more, start each reading with a sincere prayer asking to have your mind opened and to be able to understand what you are reading. The Spirit will help you do so! I don't know why I never read much before but now I'm kicking my self wishing I had! The Book of Mormon is so true! I don't know how anyone could deny something that literally happened and was history! No one denies that Columbus found America, or that the Civil War happened. How could someone not know this happened?! Joseph Smith was the biggest stud ever!

The three most important things to happen on earth were the Fall, the Atonement, and the Restoration of the Church! I know this Church and Gospel is true! And for anyone to deny it they would have to be crazy! One thing we can all do better with our friends is not to just be an example, but to let our friends experiance what knowledge we have and experiance the power of the Spirit! I wish I had taught more friends in High School. I thought being an example was good enough! But to pray with people and to tell them Joseph Smiths exact words of the First Vision is incredible! I am memorizing it in Spanish right now, and it is truly amazing! I can feel the Spirit so strong every time I read it or say it! If you haven't read it, look it up in Joesph Smith History. I think verse 16 or something!

I don't know if you'll understand this or not, but read it slowly and imagine the First Vision and you will feel the Spirit. Vi una columna de luz, más brillante que el sol, directamente arriba de mi cabeza; y esta luz gradualmente descendió hasta descansar sobre mí. Vi en el aire arriba de mí a dos Personajes, cuyo fulgor y gloria no admiten descripción. Uno de ellos me habló, llamándome por mi nombre, y dijo, señalando al otro: Éste es mi Hijo Amado: ¡Escúchalo! Amazing stuff right there!

I love it when everyone tells me what your up too! Keep it Up! So awesome to hear about Logan and Michael at EFY, and so exciting to hear that everyone is reading 3 Nephi 11! This week I challenge everyone to read 1 Nephi 1, and Joesph Smith History 1 and then compare the two! It's actually pretty incredible to see the similarities! If you can't find ten minutes a day to read a little bit, then you're lazy. I'm reading three and four hours a day!

I'm praying for everyone! I love all of you and I miss good ole Springfield tons! Two years will fly by! And I'm stoked to be in Chile in about three weeks. (:  Have questions?  Ask me.




Yo se que El Libro De Mormon es verdadad! El Espirirtu Santo puede ayudarles nos mucho! Nessitamos oracion cada los dias! Me gusta El CCM mucho! Yo te amo ustedes mucho! 

Con Amo,
Eldere McGee

No comments:

Post a Comment