Saturday, July 5, 2014

¡Feliz Nacimiento de América!

¡Feliz Nacimiento de América!
Uno de los mayores días nunca!!
I hope everyone had fun blowing up water dynamites, and bottle rockets! I was here in the office working with missionaries visas’! haha. We had a pretty good 4th though. We made a huge American flag, and everyone in the office wore American flag ties, even the Latinos, and president!!



Today we celebrated the 4th with all the senior couples and Elders here in the office. We all went over to president’s house and one of the Senior Elders spent a bunch of money and we grilled a TON of meat. It was super fun! I kinda took charge and organized it because the 4th is one of my favorite holidays. It was super fun to organize another party. I realized how much I had missed that! We got stuffed, and after had a little concert with people playing guitar, piano, and I played some harmonica I’ve been working on. (:  I had a really good week though!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzP8WWdTiti0LTN2MUs2amZRdnc/edit

We had 3 different special changes this past week which affected some 15 missionaries... They aren’t good because usually something happens with the missionaries and they have to change areas so that there are no more problems!
On Tuesday, we had an awesome leadership council and president said “No hay ninguna persona quien logrará el reino celestial haciendo lo minimo.” (There is not a single person who will achieve the celestial kingdom doing the minimum.) I learned a lot, and it’s always fun being in a room full of the best missionaries in the mission.
One morning this week I woke up super tired, and went to go pray in my study room. I turned my heater on, started to pray… fell asleep and woke up 45 minutes later to a small earthquake.. Good prayer huh?



I’m just having such a blast! The mission is the best! I hope everyone had a fun 4th of July for it is like my favorite holiday besides Christmas.
I saw a good quote this past week: “The Whole Idea of Mormonism is Improvement, mentally, physically, morally, and spiritually” –Lorenzo Snow.
I love it, it’s everything we are and what we are trying to accomplish in this world!!
Another food for thought this week:
God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say thank you?
I love you all, and hope everything is going good!!
Elder McGee

No comments:

Post a Comment