Saturday, June 28, 2014

HEY! Crazy week!

HEY!
Crazy week! We had changes for all the missionaries, The USA won against Ghana and Chile beat Spain! The culture down here is sooo different! Everyone just loses their minds when there are partidos (games).
So lets see, where do we start. I rented my own car for 2 days! Aparently here you dont have to be 25 to rent. I rented a van, and we had 4 cars in the mission for the weeked to transport people to the airport and new missionaries back to Rancagua! I hadnt driven stick in a while and it was interesting to drive that thing out of the parking lot knowing they were watching me. I revved it pretty high a few times to find the perfect clutch timing. We sent 13 out and brought 21 in! We had one flight really early in the morning so we headed out at 3 in the morning. We swung by the training center and picked up 21 missionaries and their maletas (suitcases). It was a fun plan to be in charge of and decide the best way to do things! We had a blast! I was awake for 20 hours, and I think I drove for 11 of them, trips of to santiago and back and trips back to all their sectors! It was a blast! I was with Elder Harding the whole time. We are super good buds and have a good time! The game against spain was crazy again! Thousands of people in the plaza and horns of cards going off for the next 2 hours! Last week on Fathers day we decided to talk to a man on the way home from church (we had to walk because the assistants had the car). He seemed like he was homeless and we simple tried to make his day a little better becuase he looked very sad. We told him that God loves him and that his son Jesus Christ died for him so that he could be happy. We then gave him a picture of Christ. He held it in his hands (one of his hands only had 2 fingers) and he started to cry. He looked up at us and said "Look boys, he was a good man. The only perfect man there ever was, he was one of the greatest hippies there had have been, but he wasnt a bad hippie with drugs. He never smoked drugs. He was the greatest hippie because he smoked the spirit of the people." It was an interesting way to put things! We had a good chuckle about it finishing our walk home. The rest of the week we worked in the office doing legal work for all the new people and getting everything ready for this change so that the mission can continue to progress forward!!

Heres a picture of a weird baby.
A picture with presidents plack... shhh
and Elder Sevillano, who we took home at 3AM departing to Peru.





This week I can across a really awesome scripture in Revelations.

[
He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will
 ​ ​
confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
​]

over·come
​; ​
verb \ˌō-vər-ˈkəm\

: to defeat (someone or something)

: to successfully deal with or gain control of (something difficult)

​How awesome of a blessing to those who overcome things. Whether it be a bad habbit, the natural man, or sin. To take it, and defeat it comes with awesome blessings in heaven! Our name will be mentioned in heaven!

Later in doctrine and covenants we learn:
[
 Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am
 ​.]

Through repentance, and overcoming​, and aligning our will with that of God´s, we can change our lifes, recieve blessings and see and know God, our loving heavenly father. Who wouldnt want that? Who wouldnt want to change their lives to have everlasting joy! I know I want 

Repentance.
 ​ 
Change
​. Progression.​
 ​
 Happiness.
There are 7 days in a week and "someday" isn't one of them, so get out there and make a change.
 
Love,
Elder McGee​

No comments:

Post a Comment