Monday, January 19, 2015

Elder McGee Creative Extraodinaire Independencia, Talca

Hey!
This week was pretty cool! We had changes. I am staying here in Independencia, Talca. I have a new companion named Elder Spriggs from bountiful utah! We have already become good friends and we are having tons of fun! Today we had a big sprite pong contest between all the 40 missionaries in the two zones of talca. It was a lot of fun!




This week we had a less active who told us alot of crazy stuff about her life. We would kinda blown away by what she told us. We had a long lesson and just pleaded with her to repent of all that she had done and she would be forgiven. The spirit was way strong as we testified of the trutfullness and the joy that comes as we repent.
On sunday she came up to us almost leaping of joy. She told us to come by later that day, so we went by and she said she prayed for like 2 or 3 hours just pleading with the Lord to repent just like it explains in Alma 36:

 18 Now, as my mind caught hold upon this thought, I cried within my heart: O Jesus, thou Son of God, have mercy on me, who am inthe gall of bitterness, and am encircled about by the everlastingchains of death.
 19 And now, behold, when I thought this, I could remember mypains no more; yea, I was harrowed up by the memory of my sins no more.
 20 And oh, what joy, and what marvelous light I did behold; yea, my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain!
 21 Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy.


​She was so filled with joy like 20 and 21 decribe to us. I too have passed through this process and it is so sweet to the soul. Its like vomiting. Whenever we have something bad in us, we must vomit it all out, and as soon as its all out we can usually fall back asleep in the night. Just as your stomach becomes clean and realxed after vomiting, our souls too can become clean and relaxed as we use the healing powers of the atoning sacrifice of Christ to HEAL US. (: DO it!

On thursday we rolled up to Rancagua, where I started my mission for a special training. We stayed in a house with like 20 other Elders. Super fun times!

The mission is so great! I love it!

Love,

Elder McGee
Creative Extraodinaire
Independencia, Talca

No comments:

Post a Comment