Thursday, May 7, 2015

Wow!! So amazing.
Best week of my life!!
This was the last week in my wonderful mission in Rancagua, Chile.
What an adventure! Its interesting when everyone asks me: "How was it down there?" and then I am supposed to respond like it was last nights dinner! haha. How can I possibly even put into words what a 2 year, full-time devoted, serving the Lord mission is like??
Of course I could say, It was amazing with all the energy I could muster in my voice. Or I could even sit you down and show you all my pictures and explain it for 2 hours, but I still don't think I would be able to convey the wonderful feelings I felt down there. It was a 2 year period of CHANGE. I am just such a different person with such a different perspective on life.
I lost myself in the service of the Lord.
And now Im supposed to come back to this world of selfish pleasures and a get rich, take over the world attitude.
Its been a huge change trying to get adjusted this past week. I mean the 2 cultures are incredibly different! I will say as I arrived in Atlanta, I bought my self the biggest Bacon and egg bagel from einsteins! Woo!
Im ready for this new challenge to survive in this new world!
But I definitely learned and experienced things that I can not put into words. Especially that moment after 2 years of not seeing your family when you see them in the airport. Priceless.
I tell you what, thanks for all the support that you guys gave me out there, It was felt.
I think the best way I could possibly put an end to such an adventure would be by sharing the wonderful truths I came to know.

1: We are eternal. We will be living in 500 or 1000 years, and we need to prepare now. God gives us so much love to speak through a living prophet to allow us to know his plan. Sometimes it takes a little bit of humility to accept something like this!
2: The Lord Jesus Christ lives. He is our savior and is at the head of this wonderful work. I felt that I had a special opportunity to get to know him over these past 2 years. Its amazing how a servant can truly know his master as he serves him.
3: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the restored church upon the earth today. I Know it. There is no other path or way. This is it. I invite you to know what the restored church means if you don't already know.
4: There are more good people in the world than bad people! I know this because I witnessed this as I talked to thousands and thousands of people throughout the course of those 2 years.
5: God is very real. He is our Heavenly Father. He wants us to have success and loves us so much, but when we disobey there will be justice just like a Father and his Son! We as offspring of God will one day become like him and become perfect. Its all part of his plan.
6: The book of mormon is the coolest book ever written. It contains everything we need in this life to be able to make it back to our Heavenly Father. It contains the truths on how to resist temptation and the truths of eternal life. It even teaches us simple things like the correct way to baptize. AMAZING BOOK. If you haven't read it, hit up Mormon.org and find the number of the missionaries or just let me know and Ill get you a copy. (: It teaches how to have harmony in our families and how to know our purpose in life. Amazing.

Really I could go on and on about all the many things Ive learned int these past 2 years, but Ill keep in to those couple of things.
So let me know if you wanna know more about what I was doing down in Chile!
I loved the country and the people there. And ohhh especially the food! Now its time to move on and take over the world with some crazy ideas. I plan on studying international business and doing something with photography or film!
I hope you enjoyed my 2 year experiance as I ventured into the unknown and became familiar with it! It truly was a life changing experience that I will never forget, that changed me, and something I won't even be able to share completely because of all the wonderful experiences I had!

So good to be back in America with my loving family!!

For the last time,
Elder Jordan Alexander McGee







No comments:

Post a Comment