Tuesday, October 15, 2013

familyyyy and friends (:


Family and friends, (:
You guys are awesome! I just want you to know that I love each and every one of you!

This week was pretty great!
Yesterday I didn't get to write because we were super busy trying to get a bunch of stuff done for the week! Our laundry machine broke so we took it to a member's house and she said she would just do it for us. She also made me an awesome laundry bag! The members here are so great!! (:



This morning, we did some service for a little market that burned down yesterday. It was cool because the owners were just having a good time with everything, and smiling and laughing. It made me reflect a little bit on how no matter what happens, if you take the positive side of things, you will always be happier! As we were throwing piles of burnt stuff away, there were  tons of melted soda cans, boxes of melted popsicles, and other random stuff that would be in a market! The guys helping clean up kept trying to save all the alcohol bottles, while I was just chucking them in the trash can and breaking them. Haha. Our Bishop was there helping too! By the end of it, my shoes were soaked in alcohol, soda, and melted ice cream! What an enjoyable time. Haha It actually was pretty fun though. We ended up teaching a lesson too. (:

Last week we had a great Zone Conference with two zones, the President of the mission and a bunch of missionaries. I said the opening prayer. It was pretty nerve racking (to say it) in Spanish, but it just flowed out perfectly. (: I'm really enjoying all the amazing experiences I'm having here in Chile. The mission is truly a paradise. It's hard sometimes, but who wouldn't want to go to another country, learn another language, meet all the coolest people, and become closer to God than ever before. I don't have to worry about anything except serving the Lord. HOW COOOOOL. (:

Spanish is slowly coming, but I can now understand what people are saying, and defend myself if someone asks me a question. I used to have to look at my companion for anything. It's amazing to see God bless me with learning this so fast. Tomorrow is 3 months!! Can you believe it?? Freaking crazy, huh?

Well, I just wanted to share a few experiences about my week. If you have any questions for me, just ask away. (:

My quote for this week is from an awesome song I have on my iPod. It says: "Don't give up what you want most, for what you want now." So don't ever change the person you are trying and working so hard to be for a simple worldy satisfaction. Be strong, and push through your trials! We can all do better every day. Just pick something you don't like about yourself, and change it!

Sorry that I didn't take many pictures this week! I will do more for next week!!

I love you all, and hope you all have a wonderfully great week. (:

Love,
Elder McGee

No comments:

Post a Comment