Monday, November 4, 2013

Wowwwww! Its crazy how time is going. Im finishing my 4th month already!

Wowwwww!

It's crazy how time is going. I'm finishing my fourth month already! I had a great week!!!

I got a package from Mom! Woo (: Only two more months until I get to Skype (for Christmas)! Woooo!!  I'm also glad to hear everyone is doing awesome as ever!!

Last night I had an interesting experience! We met a man who hates Americans and thinks English is ugly. He didn't know I was a gringo, because he was a little blind and he said because I was tan and short he thought I was Latin. So he just trash talked our history, our music, our language and everything! It was pretty harsh, but I just keep my mouth shut. He didn't want to talk about our church since it was from in the States. But he liked history a lot, and we told him how our church was not "born" in the states. It was born when Christ created His church on the Earth and how we have the same church that He made. We got a Book of Mormon into his hands, and shared about how the Book of Mormon contains stories from before the States were even around! It's funny the things people say!

I wrote this in a letter to my cousin, Dallas:

"Well, I'll be honest with ya man! The mission is by far the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. I thought I had had some pretty hard things go on, but this is the hardest. (On the other hand) the mission is really pretty easy! The people here are great, Spanish is fun to learn, but it's just being away from the family! We are so close to our family, so to leave them and have little contact is very hard! It's pretty weird to not have a phone, and call anyone I want whenever I want! But dude, I say all this meaning it's the best thing that I've ever done. 

In these past four months, I've experienced the hardest of times, but the happiest of times. Nothing beats feeling the Spirit of hearing someone say their first prayer, or come out of the water of Baptism. Nothing, and I mean nothing beats that. It's hard to wake up at 7 AM every day after walking miles and getting rejected multiple times. But I can not even explain the feelings of reactivating a family, or having the Spirit travel through you with something you need to tell someone without you having any plan to say that. 

The most important thing I've learned so far is just feeling a little bit of what Jesus Christ Himself went through when He atoned for our sins. I often ask myself, 'Which drop of blood did I make Him shed?' or 'Which thorn did I put on His head?' We are not perfect and we never will be. But fact of the matter is that no matter what we are going through, no matter if we're feeling alone, sad, heart broken, being made fun of, having the hardest time of our life, or anything bad -- we can never, never, never fall below what Jesus Christ felt. He is our Savior, our Brother, and our Redeemer, and becoming my best friend. 

Through Him, I have pushed through (breaking up with) Kylie who was my everything, I have pushed through being away from the family, who also was my everything. I went though a little bit of torture not knowing this freaking language, and a lot of hard stuff, but EVERYTHING is for us to learn from. Everything we go through makes us a little better. Dude, I bare testimony to you that Jesus Christ was the coolest, most perfect man to walk this earth. If I have learned anything, it's His love for me, and every person in the world."

We had two baptisms this week! A little girl and a thirteen-year-old boy. They were both so cute! Their Dad is probably going to get baptized soon, and their Mom is less-active. It's amazing to see the happiness that results from following Jesus' example and being baptized with authority! Sooooo amazing!

For Halloween, no one really did much. There were tons of little kids trick or treating, but that's about it! I saw on the news that President Obama had Trick-or-Treating at the White House.  Pretty funny!

Last week, our mission had nine-hundred-and-one investigators, recent converts, or less-actives come to church. That's crazy! There's less than three hundred people in the Mission. That means each person brought about three people to church! Crazy, huh??

If you need to do a school project in Spanish for Chile, make either sopapillas or empanadas! They are both very popular here!  This week, read: Doctrine & Covenants Section 101:15. Awesome scripture!

Other than that -- I had a pretty good week! Those were the highlights! Today, we went bowling for p-day and then out to a little restaurant!  I want you all the know that I love you, and will see you so soon! Have an awesome week. (:

Love,

Elder McGee in Chile. 

P.S. I will try to send pictures later!  Love you!

P.P.S.  I made killer corn bread this week!! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment