Saturday, May 17, 2014

Good week, good stuff, and living the life!

Well hey there!
Good week, good stuff, and living the life!
Some of my tasks this week included redoing the mission website,
researching how we can do some video conferencing (I emailed the Tulsa Ok mission to figure out how they do it)
Going to up Santiago to work with some goverment workers about our visas. (and we found a taco bell up there!!! Heaven.)
Buying 80 pounds of ties (for 10 mil pesos, or 20 dollars)
and just having a complete blast!
We live with 3 gringos, so its funny cause sometimes we just start talking about american pride, and we are preparing for the 4th of Julyhere, and sometimes we lose some sleep at night because we are all just so stoked about our country!
Not too much really happened this week!
I got in alot of good study time reading the book of mormon! What a wonderful book.
Have you read it? If not, do it. It will change your life, and I promise its better than any other book you could find!





One of the best parts of being a missionary is that people just open up to you. I can star a conversation with someone about last nights soccer game and then within 2 minutes, people open up to whats going on in their life right now, and what they could use, and then my job is to apply to Gospel of Jesus Christ into their life and help them out. Its seriously the best thing ever to just talk with collectivo and bus drivers or someone waiting at the stoplight to cross the road. Being the secretary I dont have the time to just be out in a sector and spend all my time tlaking with poeple, so I spend my time talking and sharing while we are out on errands! Its awesome! The only way to truly feel true happiness is through our savior Jesus Christ and what he did for us by atoning for our sins. To feel happiness we must also share it! Its awesome. Its great to apply it to all people rich, poor, large, small, happy, sad, purple, white, organge. Everyone wants to be happy, and Thats why im here. To share with others my happiness and my joy! All flowers must grow through dirt.
I saw an aweosme quote this week.
If you want happiness for an hour, take a nap.
If you want happiness for a day, go fishing.
If you want happiness for a month, get married.
If you want happiness for a year, inherit a fortune.
If you want happiness for a lifetime, help someone else.

Im not sure about the marriage thing, but I like the idea of where it was going. (Im pretty sure that getting married will bring me lifetime happiness as well)

Anyways. I love you guys a ton! 
Enjoy some pictures.
Elder McGee

No comments:

Post a Comment