Saturday, July 26, 2014

Last week here in la oficina!!

Its been a good run for my money. Ive been here working for 6 months now. I feel like I barely got a grasp of Spanish before I got here, and with all the work that needed to be done, I sky rocketed to being able to get things done in the moment. It was awesome to look back and see some of the miracles I was able to perform making sure missionaries were legal and making our process much more smoother. I definitely saw the hand of God in my life as I worked hard in the office. Thats a fact.

I found a good quote this past week: "Being sad with the right people is better than being happy with the wrong ones." I contemplated a little bit about that, and decided you could always be with the right people, its your choice. I have defniitely been sad and been happy with some of the greatest people here in the office and the ward Im in called Recreo. Its gonna be hard to say good bye, but its part of it. (:

Last monday, we had a meeting with President, and the other senior couples here in the office like we do each week to discuss matters of whats going on in the mission, and how we can improve. President always goes last in his report, and he gave me a warm goodbye and thanked me by saying that I brought my own spirit here into the office and the mission. I took it as a great complement.





This week I also did my last Santiago trip to pull out peoples visas and licenses for them. We had a fun day, and finished with eating at taco bell. I dont think you guys know how thankful I was to see a refill machine. It had been a while. Let alone eating taco bell (even though they only have have the menu).

We also got to eat at my favorite empanada store here in Chile. Its called "Lasagnas," and they sell amazing over cooked emapanadas! So good (:

One day we went down to Talca which is the farthest city south in our mission, which is about 2 hours away. We helped the comisarios (who are in charge of houses) paint a house. It looked super good after we spent the whole day painting and scraping the floor. We ended that day by burning a white shirt, which is a missionary tradition after you pass one year! I did it kinda late, but my companion and one of the comisarios passed one year too!

Ive been working on my family history alot when I have some down time. I have found a whole bunch of poeple, and added a bunch to my family tree on familysearch.com which is super awesome!

All in all, I had a good week! This week I head out to the sector in Pichilemu! Which is the surf capitol of the world. Google it. They have huge surf competitions and big waves there! Im super stoked! Its 1 of the 2 beach sectors in the mission! Ill also have a companion from Chile who only has 6 weeks in the mission, so Ill be finishing his training. Fun stuffffs.

Love you all,
Elder McGee

No comments:

Post a Comment