Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A week to remember and a week that has changed me

Wow. Can I see a week to remember and a week that has changed me for who I am and who I will always be.
This week I went from the high life of working with President, and driving a car to the hard and dirty work of a normal missionary in the sector.
Im serving in the branch of Pichilemu, Chile. We have like 40 people come each week. Half of them are 2 families.
Last tuesday I woke up at 3am to take misisonaries to the airport and pickup the new ones. I didnt take a nap, and ended up in the sector by the nighttime working in the street and contacting people everywhere. I had need been so tired! It was pretty hard to say goodbye to all my buddies there in the office. We had grown together so close. We had all lived together for at least 4 months.




So I live in a beach house in the surf capital of the world. Our house is made of wood and very rustic. Its pretty cool. We live a 2 minute run from the beach. My bed here is essentially a yoga matt layed over some pieces of wood on a bunk bed. Its nice. haha. We got to my sector on tuesday, planned with my new companion for the next day and then went to bed on the worlds most un comfotable bed. We got up an hour early the next day to take a 2 hour bus ride to Santa Cruz to have our district meeting which was really fun. This sector is amazingly beautiful. We have like a couple cement streets and the rest are just mud and dirt. My pants and shoes were gnarly dirty this weeek. haha. We run to the beach each morning, take a nice sit, say a little prayer and then run back to the house! The church here is set on a hill and overlooks the beach and the whole little town. Its super chill here. Everyone just lives the beach life. 
I had the hardest week of my life though. We talked to everyone, we were 100 percent obedient. We did everything we could, but we had like no success in finding people to teach. I am starting what they call a white wash. Where we have no one to teach. We are starting fresh basically. So we are working hard. My companion is really new in the mission and Im just trying to teach him to love the mission. But he doesnt like talking to people, so Im learning very fast to teach and do everything! haha. We even had one day last week where it just rained all night. We were soaked from head to toes. We were covered in mud, and no one wanted to talk to us. It was probably the hardest day of my mission so far. But despite of all the hard stuff going on, Ive never found myself more comfortable with the gospel, and happier than ever. Im full of fire in my bones to teach and love and serve these people. Its amazing how when we follow Gods will, he provides us with happiness no matter whats going on around us.
Im gonna find my rythmn this week and work hard to find people to teach!
I love all of you and pray for you daily. Thanks for the support.
Love,
Elder McGee.

No comments:

Post a Comment