Sunday, October 5, 2014

Hi familia!

Hi familia!
This week was great!
My companion and I are having such a blast!!
Who could complain being here at the beach?




This past week consisted of rapping for the zone meeting, about weekly planning and splits with a brand new elder who doesnt speak spanish. I realized alot, how much Ive grown in the language! I also learned there are alot of words I have forgotten in english! haha.
We spent alot of time helping a sister here who is going to BYU in december! Her packet came in english, so we have been helping her get her visa and what not. Fun stuff (:
The family that we are working with are getting closer and closer to their baptism! Its awesome! They are so great!
We have just been having so much fun! We didnt have much success this week, but we had lots of fun as companions, so I felt like it was a good week!!
But everything is going great!
This weekend is general conference and Im so stoked!! This conference will just be me and my buddy Elder Benavides watching it in english as opposed to last conference with like 30 gringos in a room watching a small tv! haha.
I highly advise watching conference and going with some questions in heart. If you really want to absorb the words of the living prophet, go fasting!
My favorite quote from last conference was by Elder Holland:

​"​
I bear witness of that gospel and that Church, with a particular witness of restored priesthood keys which unlock the power and efficacy of saving ordinances. I am more certain that those keys have been restored and that those ordinances are once again available through The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints than I am certain I stand before you at this pulpit and you sit before me in this conference.
​"​

This week we are going on divisones with the Assistants to President, so we are excited to learn alot!

Today we hit up the beach and were enjoying the beuty! I brought my hammock and was just realxing. And then out of nowhere, President and his wife showed up! Their kids are here in Chile, so they brought them to Pichilemu! What a suprise!! haha. It was good to see him again! It was just so random, and funny. We all had a good laugh, and then they headed back home!
Life is good. Do something for someone else today!
​Pray lots, and read the scriptures!
Elder McGee​

No comments:

Post a Comment