Monday, April 6, 2015

Heyyyy!

Heyyyy!
Here we go into another change! Im still here in Buin with my awesome Peruvian comp!
General Conference was so inspiring. I absolutely loved it. Elder Zeballos, one of the ones who spoke in spanish, is from chile and was just with us a few weeks ago! Awesome. Here in chile there is always another room in english for all the gringo missionaries and others who wanna learn. As the spanish speakers got up to speak, it was funny because we all ran into the room because its easier to understand when there arent translators!



So many awesome quotes to inspire us to live better lives. It was funny how much they were focused on the family. The talk by Sister Burton was a nice talk about being married and what not. There were a few jokes thrown around because the time is coming soon for me! haha.

​"I am here because I desire with all my heart to follow my master Jesus Christ" -Elder Utchdorf​

​"Life is not confined to a 4-inch screen" -Elder Texeira
 
"When was the last time I chose to be happy, instead of demanding to be right," -Sister Burton​
 

​"God care alot more about who we are and about who we are becoming​
 
​than about who we once were." -Elder Renlund​

​Its amazing to be able to look back 6 months ago and think we were just having conference. Its awesome because I dont feel like I progress much every day, but after 2 years of study in the scriptures and talks, I have made it a long way to who I was and what I did 2 years ago! Life is such a wonderful gift given from God, and its amazing that we all chose to be here!
We are still looking for an awesome family to teach. This place needs lots of help with the members, so we have been focusing on them. The mission is changing and the Lord is hastening his work here in the South America South area of the world. We are now going to stop recording how many new poeple we find each week and how many lessons we teach, rather how many people we helped make it to the temple. We are focusing alot more of the family. Its amazing. I could truly feel the power behind President Warnes words as we attended the Leaderhsip meeting this last thursday. So many things are going on, and the work is picking up speed. The work of the Lord cannot be frustrated by man. We either take part in it and see the amazing fruits of it, or we sit back relaxed and miss the amazing oppurtunities. We know so many people who dont have knowledge of the temples, let alone the gospel! Lets go to work. Sheep need to be found and feed.
Life is good, and there is lots of work to be done. (:
love,
Elder McGee​

No comments:

Post a Comment