Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Im old now... 20 years old!

hey!
Im old now... 20 years old! Im entering my third decade! Wowww. Its funny because Im still young to be a missionary! haha.
This week was awesome. We brought a whole family of less actives to church, and it was so cool to see them there nice and happy. They are preparing to go to the temple, and little by little they have progressed. It all starting my just giving the dad a big ole hug and showing him some real love!
We had some good progress with a guy we play soccer with. He really opened his heart, and let out alot of his feelings. One thing that Ive learned is that everything I really want is on the other side of fear. Ive also learned that God is more powerful than any large man with lots of money. His wife explained to us that he worked for the U.S. embassy for years and has very little confidence in other people. She said that we were the first people he let into his house in a long time. The Lord is powerful and gets things done.
Its so crazy how in the beginning of the mission, it was so hard to get used to the language, the food, and the way of life here. Now it is my life, its my language, and I love the food. I dont know what its gonna be like going home. I have the same bitter sweet feeling that I did 2 months before I left home, 2 years ago.
I read an amazing talk this week by President Monson called the bridge builed. If you havent read it, I highly reccomend it. (:
Today we played soccer with the zone, and it was funny because there were like 20 elders, and 4 sisters. We played to where the sisters had to make the goals. It was funny! They all sang to me and it was a good moment. Tonight we have 3 family home evenings to attend. So itll be a good birthday in all. Thanks for all the birthday wishes. I was stoked to see all the emails today (: I have the best family and friends!
This week our relief society president told us that the sisters were getting mad, because they couldnt give us food during the week because all the other sisters already reserved it. It was a nice compliment for me and my companion that everyone wants to eat with us.
The poeple here love us. They bring us food at night, and they do anything to serve us. Its so great!
I think the best part of being a missionary is having set aside time to study for 2 hours every single day. The words of the Lord are powerful. I was reading in doctrine and covenants 132 this week. 14-20 something are absolutely amazing and powerful!
The Lord has spoked a ton, and if havent read everything he has said, how can we expect that he will give us more than ponder and think of. We have thousands and thousands of pages of holy scripture of the Lord speaking. POWER.

​"Whether you think you can or you think you cant, you're right."
 
 
​Elder Jordan Alexander McGee

*we helped some members make ovens out of these barrels. (:​

No comments:

Post a Comment